Volunteers Needed: Calling All Sligo Creek Families!
1/24/2018 11:15 am
Calling All Sligo Creek Families!
We need your help to ensure the second half of our school year is amazing! These events can't happen without your help. If you can spare any of your time + talents, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Much of this can be done at home.
Yearbook - The Yearbook will soon be in production and we are in need of a few good volunteers to coordinate it this year. Duties include:
- Help the fabulous Mr. Brinson work on lay-out and coordinate with teachers on class pages (start in February)
- Keep track of payments and order information (March – May)
- Distribute yearbooks when they arrive at school (June)
Nominating Committee - We need at least 3 dues-paying members to form the Nominations Committee, including a committee chair. The Nominations Committee is responsible for nominating an eligible person for each officer for the SY2018-2019. Nominating committee will start convening in February 2018 and end with election of officers in June 2018. Learn more about the officer positions open in SY2018-2019.
Salamander Stride – The PTA’s fun run + fundraiser will be held on Friday, April 13th. We are looking for a group of energetic volunteers to help us plan a fun day for students and raise funds to support school activities. Work will start in February and its all hands on deck. If you have any time to help us execute this critical school event, please let us know. This fundraiser will support the activities during SY2018-2019.
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Family Movie Night - Plan + execute a movie night for SCES families in the gymnasium on Feb. 22nd
- Family Reading Night - Volunteer to help at the second book fair of the year
- Salamander Stride - Help plan our annual school fundraiser. Join us for our kick-off meeting on Feb. 22nd at McGinty's in downtown Silver Spring
- GeoBowl is March 1st. Help execute the big finale!
- Mobile Aquatic Science lab will be at school the week of March 5th. Work with Ms. Shrank to coordinate class schedules and parent volunteers
- Kinder Orientation - Welcome new students and their families during their visit to Sligo Creek. Two days at the end of May.
Welcome to the SCES PTA website.
This site is for information that will help families stay connected within our school community. Register Now!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?