What is a room parent? Room parents work closely with the teacher to help make a fun and successful school year for everyone. This year the role will be especially critical in helping connect and communicate with our families as we are distance learning.
We would like to have 2-3 room parents for each class, so if you are worried about doing it alone, the responsibilities will be shared.
When you become a room parent, you’ll have the support of
- the Room Parent Coordinators, Farah Nageer-Kanthor and Jennifer Meyer
- a network of other room parents school-wide.
- information and resources
- learn from our experienced and new room parents alike
- coordinate efforts within and between grade levels.
Our overall goal is supporting our children’s school experience, developing a positive relationship with our teachers, and building stronger communication and support among our SCES parent community.
Interested? Just let your child’s teacher know you would like to be a room parent on Back to School Night this THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 17th! If you already agreed to be a room parent and have discussed it with your teacher, please email us so we can add you to our list.
If you’d like to learn more about room parents, have questions, or just want to reach out to offer your talents, please contact:
- Jennifer Meyer (Kindergartener and 2nd grader) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farah Nageer-Kanthor (1st and 4th graders) email@example.com.
Uptaded: September 15, 2020
Welcome to the SCES PTA website.
This site is for information that will help families stay connected within our school community. Register Now!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?