Greetings and welcome to the Sligo Creek Elementary School community. We are so happy you are here. The mission of the PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. The SCES PTA does this by sponsoring academic, cultural, athletic and interpersonal development events and by providing resources to fill the gaps and enhance the MCPS experience.
COVID Info from MCPS (July 30, 2021)
7/30/2021 11:02 am
- As of today (July 30, 2021), MCPS will not be conducting COVID testing in any schools for either staff or students.
- As of today, there is no requirement for a COVID vaccination for staff or students. It is also not allowed to ask the vaccination status of staff or students.
- As of today, MCPS has removed all COVID protocols (capacity, distancing, hallway movement, bus capacity, etc.) EXCEPT for mask-wearing while indoors.
- As of today, MCPS has not shared any COVID quarantine protocols or exposure rules. The Department of Health and Human Services will provide these. If a school is made aware of a positive COVID test through either self-reporting or Montgomery County contact tracing, a message will be shared with the school if needed.
Talent Wish List for the PTA
7/29/2021 3:32 pm
- Do you love throwing a party? Is bringing people together your superpower? We have immediate openings for committee members to help our Vice President of Events, Jennifer Meyer, plan the Welcome Back Social, scheduled for September 15 (date to be confirmed by SCES) on the school playground. This is an outdoor event for our entire school and the first chance we've had in a year and a half to come together as a community! Be a part of the excitement. Contact Jennifer at email@example.com.
- Are you a sender of kind notes, a thoughtful gift-giver, an energetic champion of others? You could lead our Staff Appreciation Committee. We're all committed to finding meaningful ways to appreciate our incredible staff at SCES. Still, it really helps to have that ONE person who can lead the way in rallying the community and planning how to best support our staff. Are you that person? Please get in touch with Rick Bacon, Lisa Ferrugia Atkinson, or me for more details on leading this vital PTA Committee.
Playdates for incoming SCES Kindergarteners
7/15/2021 12:00 pm
Come out to meet other incoming kindergarten families and chat with school veterans at the following playdates:
Your 2020-2021 PTA By the Numbers
6/15/2021 9:41 am
72 soccer balls
10 weighted blankets
40 jump ropes
200 face shields
144 bottles of Microban (“Lysol”) Spray
5 forehead thermometers
115 bags of mulch
5 Bluetooth speakers
3 computer monitors
320 boxes of tissues
864 pieces of sidewalk chalk
225 meals from Nando’s
200 clear masks
1,250 N95 masks
2 soccer goals donated to SCES by the PTA
Summer School FAQ
5/19/2021 10:49 pm
The FAQ, below, represents our best understanding of 2021 Summer School for Sligo Creek Elementary School (SCES) and, where mentioned, Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS). Authoritative information would have to come from SCES or MCPS staff. Websites can be found at:
SCES -- https://www2.montgomeryschools
MCPS -- https://www.montgomeryschoolsm
Staff Appreciation Week 2021
4/26/2021 1:10 am
Checklist for Students Returning to School In-Person
3/14/2021 9:59 pm
As those students electing to return in-person prepare for the first day back to SCES, here's a checklist to help avoid a Monday morning scramble:Read More
Back-to-School (again!) Flyer for kids
3/8/2021 4:24 pm
Next Monday, on March 15, some of you will be going to the Sligo Creek school building and classrooms (Hi, Roomies!) and some of you will stay at home and attend school on Zoom (Hi, Zoomies!)
SCES Re-Entry FAQ
2/21/2021 11:12 pm
This FAQ was compiled by the PTA based on the best information currently available. These responses have not been reviewed or confirmed by SCES administration and are thus subject to change. This list does not include all of the questions received by the PTA. We will address additional questions once we obtain responsive information.
Return to In-Person Learning: What We've Done and What We Know
2/18/2021 2:52 pm
Update on the PTA's involvement in SCES’s return to in-person learning. Questions have been flowing in about what in-person learning will look like, what safety measures are in place, and generally a need for more information. To that end, here's what we've done and what we know.Read More
Welcome to the SCES PTA website.
This site is for information that will help families stay connected within our school community. Register Now!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?