Talent Wish List for the PTA
7/29/2021 3:32 pm
Wish List of Talents to make this year incredible:
- Is bringing people together your superpower? We have immediate openings for committee members to help our Vice President of Events, Jennifer Meyer, plan the Welcome Back Social, scheduled for September 10 (date to be confirmed by SCES) on the school playground. This is an outdoor event for our entire school and the first chance we've had in a year and a half to come together as a community! Be a part of the excitement. Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you a sender of kind notes, a thoughtful gift-giver, an energetic champion of others? You could lead our Staff Appreciation Committee. We're all committed to finding meaningful ways to appreciate our incredible staff at SCES. Still, it really helps to have that ONE person who can lead the way in rallying the community and planning how to best support our staff. Are you that person? Please get in touch with Rick Bacon, Lisa Ferrugia Atkinson, or me for more details on leading this vital PTA Committee.
- Did you read with excitement the messages on the listserv earlier this month about a school chess club? Do you care about the cultural and academic enrichment opportunities our students receive? (Think GeoBowl, STEM nights, World Culture Day, Book Fairs... ) Read on! You could be our next Vice President of Academics.
- Are you deeply invested in ensuring equal education for all students in MCPS? SCES needs an NAACP Parents’ Council Representative. More information is available here. You will attend monthly meetings or ensure SCES representation at monthly meetings; share important information from the Parents' Council with the SCES community; plan/support outreach events/activities at SCES; and be a member of the NAACP (https://www.naacp.org/membership). Please let Rick, Lisa, or me know if you're interested.
- Are you a tech-savvy person who likes to pitch in behind-the-scenes? We could use some help with our website in the form of a Webmaster to keep the PTA website and social media up-to-date, user-friendly and effective.
- Is gardening your joy? Do you love feeling dirt on your hands? Do you want to pass along to all of the students at Sligo Creek a love of and respect for the earth and the things it grows? We're looking for someone like you to take charge of the Outdoor Classroom Committee! Please get in touch with Rick (email@example.com) to talk about your ideas for this valuable space within our school.
- And finally, we could use a wise and patient individual to serve as our listserv moderator. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Together, we can build a strong, vibrant community committed to making SCES a place where all students thrive and all families feel connected.
Here's where to find us to learn more:
President - Rick Bacon | email@example.com
Vice President - Lisa Ferrugia Atkinson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Tony Irish* | email@example.com *we have a volunteer taking over for Tony as secretary, to be voted in at the first PTA meeting in September
Treasurer - Laura Fruge | firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Academic Affairs - position open
VP Events & Fundraising - Jennifer Meyer | email@example.com
VP Communications - Brenna Thibault | firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the SCES PTA website.
This site is for information that will help families stay connected within our school community. Register Now!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?