PTA Board Elections and Bylaws Vote - May 3
4/21/2022 9:58 am
At our May 3 PTA Meeting, we need to hold elections for the PTA Board. We really need your energy and enthusiasm to keep our PTA going.
We're super grateful to the two amazing members of the community who came out to meet the board at Zinnia before spring break (Gladys and Andrea, looking at you!). However, we have MANY openings on the PTA board to fill.
In fact, a few of us recently discovered that we've overstepped our term limits. The bylaws (also up for a vote at the May meeting; please take a look at them here: https://drive.google.com/file/
d/191XzpxApyWUHzo0uUNSa7-) state that ALL officers of the board, including the four vice presidents, are limited to a term of no more than two consecutive years. KC4ljj8bP4/view
Both Jennifer Meyer, our VP of Events and Fundraising; and I (VP of Community Outreach/Communications) have served on the board for 3+ years now. We're chalking it up to a pandemic-era fluke, but that means we REALLY need some people to step forward between now and May to fill ... well, every position on the board except Secretary and VP of Academic Affairs--fortunately Laura Lunardi has a year left in her board service as Secretary; as do Farah Nageer-Kanthor and Nina Vucenik, co-serving as VP of Academic Affairs.
Our SCES PTA Board consists of:
- President - position open; we're required to fill this in order for the PTA to function
- Executive Vice President - position open
- Treasurer - position open; we're required to fill this in order for the PTA to function
- Secretary - (filled by Laura Lunardi for one more year, hallelujah!, if the PTA votes for her to continue)
- VP of Events and Fundraising - position open
- VP of Academics (filled by Farah and Nina for one more year, hooray!!, if the PTA votes for them to continue)
- VP of Communications (in the bylaws this position is called VP of Community Outreach; the next person to serve can make of it what they will!) - position open
A description of all board positions is on the PTA website:
Please, consider contributing to our community by serving on the PTA board. We need you!
Reach out if you're interested in any of the PTA board positions. We'd love to hear from you.
Welcome to the SCES PTA website.
This site is for information that will help families stay connected within our school community. Register Now!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?